Tarbela Dam (on Indus river), District Swabi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
|Tunnel -5 (Already Constructed)||Purpose||Irrigation|
|Reservoir||Gross Storage||11.620MAF (Original), 7.388MAF(Reduced)|
|Live Storage||9.679MAF (Original), 6.434MAF(Reduced)|
|Proposed 5th Extension Project (Powerhouse)||Installed Capacity||1410 MW (Three Units 470 MW each)|
|Annual Energy||1,810 GWh|
|EIRR||16% ~ 36%|
- Generation of Hydropower
- Employment Generation during construction & O&M of the project
- Development of Fisheries
- Load shedding will be substantially reduced
Assignment-A JV Mott MacDonalds Ltd. UK, Coyne-et-Billier, France with MM Pakistan & ACE Pakistan as Sub-consultants
Assignment-A October 2014
(Feasibility Study, Detailed Design, Tender Documents and PC-I of T5HPP)
Assignment-A July 2015
|Financial Status (Rs. Million)||Local||FEC||Total|
|PC-I submitted to the Planning Commission on 19.06.2015 for approval||44,812.900||34,765.800||79,578.700|
- It is charged to E-3 Component (Strategic studies and preparation of future projects) of the World Bank loan for T4HPP.
Status August 2015:
- The contract for consultancy services for Feasibility study, Preparation of Detailed Engineering Design, Tender Documents and PC-I at a total cost of US$ 2.95 Million was signed on 21.10.2015 with T5CJV consultants.
- The Study was to complete initially on 21.05.2015. The duration of the study was extended for 45 days with revised completion date as 05.07.2015 which is in progress.
- The Scoping Study Report submitted by the Consultants on 30.01.2015 (studied 07 different options).
- As per Scoping Study, proposed Installed Capacity of T5 will be about 1,410 MW.
- T5 intake and Sedimentation- Scoping Study Report submitted by the Consultants on 11.02.2015.
- Scoping document for Environmental and Social Assessment was submitted by the consultants on 19.02.2015.
- Pre-qualification documents for Civil Works submitted on 18.03.2015 and revised on 03.07.2015 by the consultants which was further submitted to the World Bank for issuance of NoL and are in the process of finalization.
- Pre-qualification documents for E&M works were submitted by the consultants on 06.04.2015 and revised on 03.07.2015 which were further submitted to World Bank and are in the process of finalization.
- 1st IPOE meeting to discuss the design parameters of T5HPP was held in the T5CJV Consultants office at Lahore on 22.04.2015 and the 1st Review report by the IPOE was submitted on 27.04.2015.
- Presentation to the WAPDA Authority regarding 1st IPOE meeting by Mr. Aslam Rasheed, Chairman of IPOE was held on 28.04.2015 at Wapda house Lahore.
- Power Evacuation studies for T5HPP are still under progress by the NTDCL and are expected to be submitted soon.
- Geotechnical Investigation work on site is in progress by the HITECH contractor under the supervision of consultants and about 82% work has been completed.
- 1st site visit of the Independent Review Consultants was held in the 1st week of June, 2015 in connection with ESIA studies of the project.
- Technical Feasibility Verification Report pertaining to T5HPP was submitted by T5CJV on 08.07.2015.
- Environmental and Social Assessment Report pertaining to the T5HPP (Volume 1 to 7) was submitted by the T5CJV which are further submitted to the Independent Review Consultants, World Bank and some WAPDA formations for review.
- Bidding Documents for E&M Works (Part 1, 2 & 3) submitted by the consultants on 10.08.2015 which have been further submitted to the concerned WAPDA formations for review.
- Detailed Design report (Vol-I) submitted by the T5CJV on 31.08.2015.
- Preparation Bidding documents for Civil Works are in progress and will be submitted soon.
- PQ evaluation report is still pending.