- Administrative and Technical Control of all WAPDA Health Units.
- Policies and Centralized rate contracts for procurement of Medicines, Medical Equipment and Hospital Store items.
- To arrange and control Budget / Funds for Health Services.
- Liaison with MoH, PMDC, PMA etc on behalf of the Authority.
- Executing Agreements with Companies and Panel arrangements with specialized hospitals.
- Policies and Procedures for providing Medical Facilities to Departmental Employees.
- Recommendations for setting up of new Health Units.
- Constitution and approval of all Medical Boards.
260 Bedded WAPDA Teaching Hospital Complex at Lahore, 50 bedded hospitals at Tarbela, Peshawar, Gujranwala, Faisalabad, Hyderabad, Multan, Quetta & Guddu and 20 bedded hospital at Mangla and Sukkur are fully functional and proving in-house services in all major clinical disciplines.
It is planned to build a big state of the art hospital at Islamabad. Meanwhile the existing premises of Rawalpindi Hospital has been renovated and a full new block with ramp has been added to facilitate the patients.
WAPDA Fortified Dispensaries:
13 Fortified Dispensaries are located at Chashma, D.I.Khan, Jamshoro, Sahiwal, Muzaffargarh, RBC Tarbela, Barotha, Gujrat, Kasur, Rahim Yar Khan, Jhang, Dadu and Warsak.
Two Male and One Female doctors are posted in each WAPDA Fortified Dispensary along with Nursing and Paramedical Staff.
Laboratory and X-Ray facilities are also available in Fortified Dispensaries.
WAPDA Basic Dispensaries:
16 Basic Dispensaries are located at Islamabad, SPS Faisalabad, Kotri, Sargodha, Karachi, Lakhra, Mirpur Khas, Nawabshah, Larkana, Shalamar Lahore, Okara, Dargai, Sheikhupura, Sialkot, Bahawalpur and Bahawalnagar.
One Male and One Female doctors are posted in each WAPDA Basic Dispensary along with Paramedical Staff.