Districts: Muzaffar Garh, D.G.Khan & Rajanpur of Punjab.
Districts: Dera Bugti, Naseerabad, Bolan & Jhal Magsi of Balochistan.
|Scope of Work||The main objective of the Project is to provide sustainable irrigation water supply to 7,13,000 acres of agricultural land so as to increase agricultural production and uplift the socio economic condition of the inhabitants. However, a cultureable command area is reduced to 72,000 acres of Phase-I (Part A&B) of Distt: Dera Bugti.|
|Project Benefits||● Irrigation supplies for 72,000 acres new fertile area on RHS of Pat Feeder Canal.
● Employment opportunities
● Increase in the value of land
● Increase in exports and foreign exchange earning.
● Reduction in migration from Project to Urban areas.
● Increase in revenue to the Government.
● Enhanced production of food grain and oilseeds.
● Availability of drinking Water.
● Cropping intensity shall increase from existing 4% to 80%.
● Agricultural benefits are estimated to be Rs. 5 Billion per year.
|Length of Canal Lining||351 Km|
Total Length of main Canal (Phase-I) 363 Kma. Canal in Punjab 282 Km
b. Canal in Balochistan 81 Km.
a. Major 172 Nos.b. Minor 735 Nos.
|Commencement Date||04.10.2002 (As per PC-I)|
|Completion Date||31.12.2017 (Phase-I)|
|Financial Status||Local (Rs. Million)||FEC (Rs. Million)||Total (Rs. Million)|
|Approved PC-I Cost|
|Original PC-I Cost||31,204.00||0||31,204.00|
|1st Revised PC-I Cost||57,562.00||0||57,562.00|
|2nd Revised PC-I Cost||80,352.00||0||80,352.00|
|PSDP Allocation (FY 2016-17)||9,115.00||0||9,115.00|
|Status|| Punjab Province (Part-A)
● Contract KC-01, KC-2, KC-3 & KC-4A completed.
● Contract KC-04 (95.11%)
● Contract KC-04B (36.77%)
● Contract KC-05, KC-5A(R), KC-5(B) & KC-5(C) completed, KC-05(D) 96.30%
Balochistan Province (Part-A)
● Contract KC-6A(R), KC-6A(2R), KC-6A(3R) & KC-6C(1R) Completed.
Balochistan Province (Part-B)
● Contract KC-6B (1R) 87.92%
● Physical Progress Phase-I (Part-A) = 97.45% (RD 0 to RD 1126)
● Physical Progress Phase-I (Part-B) = 87.92% (RD 1126 to RD 1193)
● Overall Finacnial Progress = 80.33%
Incharge Of The Project
Kachhi Canal Project