TARBELA 5TH EXTENSION HYDROPOWER PROJECT
Location: Tarbela Dam (on Indus River), District: Swabi / Haripur, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
|Dam Type||Earth and Rock Fill Dam (Tarbela Dam)|
|Gross Storage Capacity||11.620 MAF (Original), 7.271 MAF (Reduced)|
|Live Storage Capacity||9.679 MAF (Original), 6.328 MAF (Reduced)|
|Power Generation||1410 MW (Three units of 470 MW each)|
|Supervision Consultants||To be hired|
|Donor Agency||World Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank|
|Financial Status||Local (Rs. Million) FEC (Rs. Million) Total (Rs. Million)|
|Original PC-I Cost||46,373.60 35,988.00 82,361.60|
- PC-I of the project has been approved by ECNEC in meeting held on 20.12.2016.
- MoW&P conveyed Administrative Approval of the project on 16.01.2017.
- Loan agreement amounting to 390 Million USD signed with World Bank on 18.01.2017.
- Loan agreement amounting to 300 Million USD signed with AIIB on 18.01.2017.
- Loan closing date for both the loans is 30.06.2022.
Incharge of the Project:
Chief Engineer/ Project Director Tarbela 5th Extension HPP.
Tarbela Dam Project, Tehsil Ghazi, District Haripur, KPK Pakistan