Construction of the Project will have varieties of impacts on local communities. These include loss of agricultural and pasture lands due to a project colony facilities and other infrastructures on areas downstream of the dam and reservoir submerged area upstream, and further include loss of residential, commercial, business and community structures, requiring relocation and resettlement of households from 34 villages in the valley.
Land areas of 9,917 Acres in total will be acquired for the Project, which includes 353 Acres of agricultural land. A total of 30 villages will be resettled, displacing 6,953 persons. The acquisition will also affect 21,000 trees, including 18,000 bushes and non-fruit bearing trees while 3,000 fruit bearing trees on both sides of the riverbanks.
- Section-4 and Gazette Notification issued for all components of Project by District Collector, Kohistan for total land (9,917 acre) to be acquired for Project by December 2013.
- The Executive Committee of National Economic Council (ECNEC), in its meeting held on November 14, 2015, approved Land rates for the Dasu Hydropower Project. The rates were already approved by the Project Steering Committee for Project.
- An amount of Rs. 1,485 Million has been transferred to Account of DC, Kohistan in respect of payments to local affectees for acquisition of land for Project Colony, KKH-01, Contractor Camps at Zaal & Uchar, Grid Station for Transmission line and built-up properties.
- After extensive efforts made by WAPDA and Ministry of Water & Power, Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa waived off the 2.5 % Service Charges on July 13, 2016.
- Contract Agreement between WAPDA and Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is finalized and will be signed on August 02, 2016.
- DC Kohistan has started process of compensation payments. The affectees of Uchhar & Zaal areas received compensation cheques on October 18, 2016. The payment for remaining affected areas will be made to affectees as per agreed timelines.
Resettlement Sites Development
- For resettlement of 30 Nos. affected villages, total 40 Nos. resettlement sites have been identified at higher elevations. Master Planning of these 40 Nos. sites have been completed for development. Final round of consultation with locals is in progress.
- Current status of contracts regarding development of Resettlement Sites is as under:
1. Resettlement of Village Chuchang and Construction of Shatial Museum (Dasu-RV-C&S)
Contract Agreement signed between WAPDA and M/s CRFG (China Railway First Group) on December 15, 2015. Contractor has partially mobilized at site due to non-possession of land.Construction of Contractor camp in progress.
2. Resettlement of Villages on Left & Right Banks (Dasu-LBRV-11&12 and Dasu-RBRV-11)
Bids received by deadline August 18, 2016 (1100 hrs) and opened on same day at 1130 hrs in WAPDA Auditorium, WAPDA House Lahore. Six (06) & Four (04) Contractors submitted their bids for LBRV-11 and LBRV-12 respectively. While Five (05) Contractors Submitted their Bids for RBRV-11. Evaluation of Bids is in progress.