The WAPDA Environment Cell (WEC) was created in 1987 to address environmental footprints of WAPDA Water Sector Development Projects, such as
- To carry out Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Initial Environmental Examination (IEE) of Hydropower Projects.
- To implement Environmental Management Plans (EMP) according to EIA.
- To monitor the Environmental & Social parameters during feasibility, design, construction and operation phase of the projects.
- To help WAPDA Authorities to facilitate in environmental auditing.
- To evaluate and comment on the environmental reports prepared by consultants and other agencies.
WEC is providing continuous support to all the WAPDA formations on various environmental aspects of the Hydropower Projects (HPP) during Feasibility Studies, Detailed Engineering Design, Construction and Operation phases. Among a bonanza of accomplished assignments and present undertakings, following environmental initiatives are selected to ensure a peep for desirous to have a glimpse of our strives.