Institution of the Authority
3. (1) There shall be established an Authority to be known as the Pakistan Water and Power Development Authority for carrying out the purpose of this Act.
(2) The Authority shall be a body corporate, shall be entitled to acquire, hold **[and dispose off] property, shall have perpetual succession and a common seal and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
Appointment and term of office of Chairman and Members
4. (1) The Authority shall consist of a Chairman [Deputy Chairman] and not more than three Members to be appointed by the Government; provided that till such time as the Authority is fully constituted, the Chairman shall exercise the powers, functions and duties of the Authority.
(2) The term of the office of the Chairman *[and Deputy Chairman] shall be 05 years and that of a Member three years.
(3) Any person ceasing to be the Chairman *[Deputy Chairman] or Member by reason of the expiry of the term of his office shall be eligible for re-appointment for another term or for such shorter term, as the Government may decide.
(4) The Chairman*[Deputy Chairman] or any Member may, at any time resign.
Provided that his resignation shall not take effect until accepted by the Government
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
5. The Chairman *[Deputy Chairman] and each Member shall receive such salary and allowances and be subject to such conditions of service as may be prescribed by the Government, and shall perform such duties as are assigned to them under this Act or by any regulation framed under it.
Removal of Chairman or Members
6. The Government may by notification remove the Chairman *[Deputy Chairman] or any Member:
(a) If he refuses or fails to discharge or becomes in the opinion of the Government incapable of discharging his responsibilities under this Act, or
(b) If he has been declared insolvent, or
( c) Iif he has been declared to be disqualified for employment in or has been dismissed from the service of Pakistan, or has been convicted of any offense involving moral turpitude, or
(d) If he has knowingly acquired or continued to hold without the permission in writing of the Government, directly or indirectly or through a partner, any share or interest in any contract or employment with or by or on behalf of the Authority, or in any land property which, in his knowledge, is likely to benefit or has benefited as a result of the operation of the Authority.
Meeting of the Authority
7. (1) The Authority shall meet at such time and place and in such manner as may be prescribed by Regulations.
Provided that until Regulations are made in this behalf, such meetings shall be convened by the Chairman.
(2) The Chairman, or in his absence *[the Deputy Chairman]or a Member authorized by him, and one other Member shall be present to constitute a quorum at a meeting of the Authority.