Short Title and Extent
1. (1) This Act may be called the Pakistan Water and Power Deve1opment Authority Act, 1958.
(2) It extends to the whole of Pakistan except the (l)"Districts" of Karachi.
#2. This Ordinance may be called the Pakistan Water and Power Development Authority (Amendment) Ordinance, 1999. It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect from the 2211d April, 1999.
2. In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject of context:-
- "Authority" means the Pakistan Water and Power Development Authority established under Section 3 of this Act.
- "Chairman" means the Chairman of the Pakistan Water and Power Development Authority.
iii. "Controlled station" plans a power generating station declared as a controlled station under clause (iv) of Subsection (l) of Section 11.
(iiia) “Deputy Chairman", means the Deputy Chairman of the Pakistan Water and Power Development Authority. (Inserted 22-12-1998).
iv. Government" means the Federal Government.
v. “Land" includes benefits to arise out of land, and things attached to the. earth or permanently fastened to anything attached to the earth.
vi. "Local Body" means any District Board, District Local Board, Municipal. Corporation, Municipal Committee, Municipality, Small Town Committee or Notified Area Committee.
vii. "Member" means Member of the Pakistan Water and Power Development Authority.
viii. "Power" includes hydraulic' power, electrical energy, steam, gas or any other' power notified as such by the Government in the official Gazette.
ix. "Regulations" means regulations framed under this Act.