WINDER DAM PROJECT
The winder dam is proposed across Winder River about 125 Kms from Lasbela city, about 66 Kms from Uthal in Balochistan.
|2. Scope of Work||
Government of Pakistan intends to develop land and water resources of the country for irrigated agriculture development, hydropower, flood control, socio economic uplift, and emancipation of poor and needy women of the area.
|3. Objectives / Benefits||
-Irrigation agriculture Development.
-Ground water recharge.
|4. Date of Commencement||2014-15 (Tentative)|
|5. Date of Completion||2017-18 (Construction Period = 3 Years)|
(As per PC-I/PC-II)
Approved Rs. 1.696 Billion
Revised Submitted Rs. 8.324 Billion
|7.Salient Features||102 ft high Earth Core Rock fill Dam will create gross storage of 36,484 AF and this storage will be used to irrigate 10,000 acres of Culturable Command Area alongwith hydropower generation of 300 KW.|
|8. Present Status / Progress||1. PC-I amounting to
Rs. 1.696 Billion approved by ECNEC in its meeting held on September
2. Ground Breaking Ceremony was graced by the President of Pakistan on Jan 01,2010.
3. Tenders for construction on EPC basis opened on September 28, 2009 and Letter of
Acceptance issued to M/s Techno Engineering - RSWI JV on Feb. 15, 2010.
4. Unsuccessful bidders submitted writ petition in Lahore High Court against award of the
5. Due to non submission of performance guarantee by the designated Contractor M/s
Techno Engineering - RSWI JV the letter of Acceptance (LOA) issued has been
cancelled along with tendering process.
6. Lahore High Court petition settled against the petitioner.
7. Project will be re-tendered after undertaking detailed engineering design and tender
documents of the project.
8. Funds amounting to Rs. 1,000 Million required for 2012-13.
9. Revised PC-I amounting to Rs. 8.324 Billion submitted to Ministry of Water & Power for
arranging approval of ECNEC.
|9. Incharge of the Project||Mr. Saleem R. Qureshi
Winder Dam Project
|Updated as on 18.06.2012|
WINDER DAM PROJECT – LOCATION MAP