TANK ZAM DAM PROJECT
Tank Zam Dam Project is proposed across Tank Zam River near Hinis Tangi, at about 30 miles from D.I. Khan in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province.
|2. SCOPE OF WORK||Government of Pakistan intends to develop land and Water resources of the country for irrigated agriculture development , Hydropower, flood Control, Socio economic uplift and emancipation of poor and needy women of the area.|
- Hydropower Generation.
- Drinking Water.
- Socio economic uplift of the remote areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and .
- Women emancipation.
|4. Date of Commencement||July 2014-15 (Subject to availability of funds)|
|5. Date of Completion||June 2017-18 (Construction Period =3 Years)|
|6. SALIENT FEATURES||292 ft high Earth & Rock fill Dam will create gross storage of 345,000 AF and this storage will be used to irrigate 35,000 acres of Culturable Command Area with high efficiency irrigation system alongwith hydropower generation of 25.5 MW.|
|4. PRESENT STATUS||
1. Feasibility studies completed in 1988.
2. Govt of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa requested WAPDA to take up the project
for early construction.
3. Project has been taken up in Phase-I of Small/Medium Dams.
4. Wapda appointed Consultants for preparation of project Planning Report
and Tender Documents based on Detailed Engineering Design to invite
Tenders on BOQ basis.
5. Project Planning Report and Tender Documents prepared under review
6. PC-I for the project prepared and is under submission to Ministry of Water & Power for
arranging approval of ECNEC.
7. Tenders for construction will be invited on approval of PC-I of the
Project and availability of funds for Construction .
8. No funds allocated in PSDP 2011-12.
9. Funds amounting to Rs. 200 Million required for 2012-13.
|Updated as on 18.06.2012||Mr. Shahid Hamid, Director Small/Medium Dams, 201- Wapda House, Lahore. (Ph: 042-99203701)|
Tank Zam Dam