PELAR DAM PROJECT
The proposed dam site is located across Nai River about 30 Km upstream from Korek pelar Village in District Awaran of Balochistan Province.
|2. Scope of Work||
Government of Pakistan intends to develop land and water resources of the country for irrigated agriculture development, hydropower, flood control, socio economic uplift, and emancipation of poor and needy women of the area.
|3. Objectives / Benefits||
-Storage of flood water
-Development of new irrigated agricultural area.
|4. Date of Commencement||2013-14 (Tentative)|
|5. Date of Completion||2016-17 (Construction Period = 3 Years)|
(As per PC-I/PC-II)
Approved Rs. 1.692 Billion
Revised (under submission) Rs. 9.557 Billion
|7.Salient Features||60 ft high Concrete Gravity Dam will create gross storage of 99,175 AF and this storage will be used to irrigate 25,650 acres of Culturable Command Area with high efficiency irrigation system alongwith hydropower generation of 300 KW.|
|8. Present Status / Progress||1. PC-I amounting to
Rs. 1.692 Billion approved by ECNEC in its
meeting held on |
September 3. 2009.
2. Tenders of Pelar Dam on EPC basis invited on Sep. 30, Nov. 12, 2009, Feb. 20, March
17, October 27 and December 29, 2010. No bid received.
3. WAPDA proposed the Project through local district contractors by subletting the
various components to increase participation of the local community and local
4. 1/3 financing share from GoB, 1/3 from GoPand 1/3 from Donors.
5. Government of Balochistan suggested transferring the project to I & P Department of
Balochistan for execution.
6. Revised PC-I amounting to Rs. 9.557 Billion is under preparation.
7. Rs. 50 Million allocated in PSDP 2011-12. No.funds released.
8. Funds amounting to Rs. 1,000 Million required for 2012-13.
9.Incharge of the Project
|Mr. Shahid Hamid
Director, Small / Medium Dams
201-WAPDA House, Lahore
|Updated as on 18.06.2012|