NAI GAJ DAM PROJECT
The Nai Gaj Project is envisaged to be located on Gaj River about 0.5 miles west of GAJ Inspection Bunglaw in district Dadu of Sindh Province.
|2. Scope of Work||
Government of Pakistan intends to develop land and water resources of the country for irrigated agriculture development, hydropower, flood control, socio economic uplift, and emancipation of poor and needy women of the area.
|3. Objectives / Benefits||
-To conserve flood water
of Nai Gaj River for Irrigated Agriculture Development.
|4. Date of Commencement||May 2012 (with limited financing basis)|
|5. Date of Completion||April 2015 (Construction Period = 3 Years)|
6. Project Cost
(As per PC-I/PC-II)
Rs. 16.924 Billion
Revised Cleared By CDEWP Rs. 26.240 Billion
|7. Salient Features||194 ft high Central Core Earth fill Dam will create gross storage of 0.30 MAF and this storage will be used to irrigate 28,800 acres of culturable command area with high efficiency irrigation system alongwith hydropower generation of 4.2 MW.|
|8. Present Status / Progress||1. PC-I amounting to Rs.
16.924 Billion approved by ECNEC in its meeting held on Sep. ,
2. Tenders for construction opened on July 16, 2010. Letter of Acceptance issued to M/s NEIE-
SMADB JV on 13.01.2011. Contract Agreement has been signed on April 12, 2011. Letter of
commencement issued on May 04, 2012.
3. The Contractor is mobilized with limited financing basis and established field camp / mobilizing
equipments for the project.
4. Funds amounting to Rs. 10,000 Million required for 2012-13.
5. For construction supervision of the project Technical & Financial Proposals submitted by
5 Nos. short listed Firms / JV's on January 13, 2012. Technical Proposals evaluated and
approved by the Authority. Financial proposals are under evaluation.
6. Revised PC-I cleared by CDWP in its meeting held on March 21, 2012 for approval of ECNEC.
|9. Incharge of the Project||Mr. Amir Bux Mairani
Chief Engineer & Project Director
Nai Gaj Dam Project
|Updated as on 18.06.2012|
NAI GAJ DAM LOCATION MAP