HINGOL DAM PROJECT
The Dam Site is located in District Lasbela across Hingol River in Balochistan province at a distance of 232 Kms North West of Karachi and about 16 Kms North of Aghor Bridge across Hingol River on Makran Coastal Highway.
|2. Scope of Work||
Government of Pakistan intends to develop land and water resources of the country for irrigated agriculture development, hydropower, flood control, socio economic uplift, and emancipation of poor and needy women of the area.
|3. Objectives / Benefits||
-Irrigation of 65,000
acres of Culturable Command Area Hydropower generation of 650 kw.
|4. Date of Commencement||2014- 15 (Tentative)|
|5. Date of Completion||2017- 18 (Construction Period = 3 Years)|
|6. Project Cost (As per PC-I/PC-II)||
Revised (under submission) Rs. 41.121 Billion
|7. Salient Features||171 ft high Earth & Rock fill Dam will create gross storage of 1.21 MAF and this storage will be used to irrigate 65,000 Acres of culturable command area with high efficiency irrigation system alongwith hydropower generation of 650 kW.|
|8. Present Status / Progress||1. WAPDA
prepared feasibility study and engineering design of Hingol Dam Project with
Dam site at |
Aghor, 1 km u/s of Coastal Highway completed by the Consultants M/s NDC JV in 2009.
2. Hindu Community raised objections due to submergence of their Holy Places. Federal Minister of
Water & Power directed to survey new site.
3. WAPDA identified new site for construction of Hingol Dam across Hingol River at distance of 18 km
from Coastal Highway and prepared feasibility study and detailed engineering design.
4. PC-I Performa (New site) amounting to Rs. 26.463 Billion cleared by CDWP on Nov. 19, 2009 for
approval of ECNEC.
5. Project Planning Report prepared by Consultants and is under review for finalization.
6. Government of Balochistan agrees to participation of Abu Dhabi for corporate farming.
7. Tenders for construction will be invited subject to availability / release of funds & approval of PC-I
of the project.
8. Funds amounting to Rs. 1,000 Million required for 2012-13.
|9. Incharge of the Project||
Mr. Shahid Hamid
Director, Small / Medium Dams
201- WAPDA House, Lahore
|Updated as on 18.06.2012|