GARUK DAM PROJECT
The proposed dam site is located across Garuk River at about 47 Kms South East of Kharan district of Balochistan.
|2.Scope of Work:||Government of Pakistan intends to develop land and water resources of the country for irrigated agriculture development, hydropower, flood control, socio economic uplift, and emancipation of poor and needy women of the area.|
|3.Objective / Benefits:||
- Conservation of flood water
resources for irrigation drinking and
- Development of new irrigated agricultural area.
- Hydropower Generation.
- Socio-economic uplift.
- Women emancipation.
|4. Date of Commencement:||2013-14 (Tentative)|
|5. Date of Completion:||2016-17 (Construction Period = 3 Years)|
6. Project Cost:
(As Per PC-I/PC-II)
Rs. 1.790 Billion
Revised (under submission) Rs. 7.921 Billion
|7. Salient Features||184 ft high Earth Core Rockfill Dam will create gross storage of 50,695 AF and this storage will be used to irrigate 12,500 Acres of Culturable Command Area with high efficiency irrigation system alongwith hydropower generation of 300 KW.|
8.Present Status / Progress
1. PC-I approved by ECNEC in its meeting held on September 3, 2009.
2. Tender of Garuk Dam on EPC basis invited on Oct 03 Nov 19,2009
Feb. 26, March 24, Oct. 20 Dec. 23, 2010. No response received.
3. WAPDA proposed the Project through local District Contractors by
Subletting the various components to participation of local
community local monetary benefits.
4. 1/3 financing from GoB, 1/3 from GoP & 1/3 from Donors.
5. Government of Balochistan suggested transferring the project to I&P
Department of Balochistan for execution.
6. Revised PC-I amounting to Rs. 7.921 Billion is under preparation.
7. No furnds allocated in PSDP 2011-12.
8. Funds amounting to Rs. 1,000 Million required for 2012-13.
9. Incharge of the Project
Mr. Shahid Hamid
Director, Small/Medium Lahore
201- WAPDA House, Lahore
|Updated as on 18.06.2012|