DARABAN ZAM DAM PROJECT(
The dam is located on Khora River near existing Zam Burg Tower, 69 KM South West of D.I Khan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province.
|2. Scope of Work:||Government of Pakistan intends to develop land and water resources of the country for irrigated agriculture development, hydropower, flood control, socie economic uplift, and emancipation of poor and needy women of the area.|
|3. Objectives / Benefits:||*
Irrigated Agriculture Development with High Efficiency Irrigation
* Flood Mitigation
* Hydropower Generation
* Drinking Water Supply
* Socio economic uplift
* Women emancipation.
|4. Date of Commencement:||2014-15 (Tentative)|
|5. Date of Completion:||2017-18 (Construction Period = 3 Years)|
(As per PC-I/PC-II)
Rs. 2.751 Billion
Revised (Under submission) Rs. 5.828 Billion
|7. Salient Features||154 ft high Earth Core Rock fill Dam will create gross storage of 69,740 AF and this storage will be used to irrigate 16,000 acres of Culturable Command Area with high efficiency irrigation system alongwith hydropower generation of 750 KW.|
|8. Present Status/ Progress||1. PC-I amounting to Rs.
2.751 Billion approved by ECNEC on September 3, 2009.
2. Tenders for Construction on EPC basis invited/received on July 20, 2010. M/s Descon
Engineering submitted the bid, evaluated and post qualified.
3. Construction of the Project deferred keeping in view of non allocation of funds in PSDP for the
project and inauspicious security situation in the project area.
4. WAPDA Authority decided to conduct Detailed Engineering Design of the Project to invite
tenders on measurement (BOQ) basis.
5. Updated PC-I amounting to Rs. 5.828 Billion prepared and under review for approval of ECNEC.
6. No funds allocated in PSDP-2011-12.
7. Funds amounting to Rs. 700 Million required for 2012-13.
|9. Incharge of the Project||Mr. Shahid Hamid
Director, Small/Medium Dams
201- WAPDA House, Lahore
|Updated as on 18.06.2012|
Darbar Zam Dam Location Map