BARA DAM PROJECT
The proposed dam is located across Bara River at the confluence of Mastura River in Khyber Agency, FATA, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province.
|2. Scope of Work||
Government of Pakistan intends to develop land and water resources of the country for irrigated agriculture development, hydropower, flood control, socio economic uplift, and emancipation of poor and needy women of the area.
|3. Objectives / Benefits||
supplies to the existing irrigation schemes.
|4. Date of Commencement||2013- 14 (subject to availability of funds)|
|5. Date of Completion||2016- 17 (Construction Period = 3 Years)|
|6. Project Cost (As per PC-I/PC-II)||Rs. 14.208 Billion|
|7. Salient Features||302 ft high Earth Core Rock fill Dam will create gross storage of 85,363 AF and this storage will be used to irrigate 83,458 Acres of Cropped Area with high efficiency irrigation system alongwith hydropower generation of 5.8 MW.|
|8. Present Status / Progress||
1. Feasibility study
completed in 2008.
2. PC-I amounting to Rs. 14.208 Billion approved by ECNEC in its meeting held on September 3, 2009.
3. Tenders for construction on EPC basis invited on Oct 09, Nov 05, Dec. 19, 2009, Apr 08,2010. No
4. WAPDA appointed consultants for preparation of Project Planning Report and Tender Documents
based on Detailed Engineering Design to invite Tenders on measurement (BOQ) basis.
5. Detailed Engineering Design of the Project is in Progress, to be completed by January, 2012.
6. Detailed Level EIA and RAP Studies are in Progress.
7. Revised PC-I is under preparation.
8. Funds amounting to Rs. 500 Million required for 2012-13.
9.Tenders for construction will be invited on Completion of Detail Engineering Design, availability of
funds and security arrangements.
|9. Incharge of the Project||
Mr. Shahid Hamid
Director, Small / Medium Dams
201-WAPDA House, Lahore
|Updated as on 18.06.2012|